Jolene and Aidan talk about reaching out to a therapist, people in our lives who are supportive and we know are like-minded or communities online or in person. Opening up to people in our life versus trying to figure out this drinking question on our own. But sometimes it’s actually hard to reach out. They also discuss how and when to reach out to others who we are concerned about.
Jolene also shares her steps: 1. Reach out, 2. Stay, and 3. Engage. Even if we feel okay and think we’re ‘fine’, staying and engaging are important pieces to reaching out. We’re putting in the engagement deposit in our energy bank account. Continue to reach out. The reality is we’re more alone than ever, yet we’re wired for connection. We are social beings wanting and needing to connect.
CONNECT WITH JOLENE:
- Gray Area Drinkers – https://grayareadrinkers.com/
- Jolene on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/jolene__park/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CONNECT WITH AIDAN:
- The Dry Life Blog – https://www.ivyleagueinsecurities.com/the-dry-life/
- Aidan on Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/re__filled/
- Email: email@example.com