Jolene and Aidan share experiences they recently had with alcohol being front and center in their life. Even though they no longer drink they still encounter hard moments. These moments can be confusing, baffling and hard, no matter how good, strong and committed we feel. When drinking was part of our identity there will be moments where we’re reminded of who we used to be when we were around alcohol.
They talk about what alcohol represented to them plus the effect that alcohol created and other ways and options to have that same effect and feeling now. Aidan recommends noticing and naming that it’s a hard moment and then actually experiencing the moment and to get to the other side. The practice of being uncomfortable is what takes the intensity away. Looking beyond the appearances and appreciating the complexity that there are deeper stories behind the drinking pictures that seem so romantic and perfect.
CONNECT WITH JOLENE:
- Gray Area Drinkers – https://grayareadrinkers.com/
- Jolene on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/jolene__park/
- Email: email@example.com
CONNECT WITH AIDAN:
- The Dry Life Blog – https://www.ivyleagueinsecurities.com/the-dry-life/
- Aidan on Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/re__filled/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org